Pur your art's best foot forward with our elegantly cut mat boards.
Smooth beveled edge for a professional finish
Thicker 4-ply (~1/16" or 0.0625" thickness) for more depth and durability
Beautiful white/black core that won't discolor or fade
Acid-free buffered to a neutral pH higher than industry standard—so your art will be protected for longer.
Or conservation lignin-free mats that'll ensure your art lasts for generations
And packaged nice and tight for safe shipping.
Mat Boards Ready for Travel
Each order is properly layered before they step outside.
First, they are carefully stretch-wrapped.
This prevents dust, moisture, and fingerprints from getting onto your mat boards/frame.
After that, your order is placed into a box lined with rails and spacers.
This way, any bumps and bruises that can happen in transit are buffered by the extra padding and not your order.
Why Mat Your Artwork
Matted prints sell better
One, it provides an aesthetic finish to complement your artwork.
Two, by matting beforehand customers won't have to go through the work themselves.
Customers won't have to go through the hassle of buying the necessary materials, figuring out what mat sizes they need, and learning how to mat and mount. Things that go through their head as they're deciding whether or not to purchase.
Matting makes their decision much easier.
Beauty needs to be protected
Beyond aesthetics, mat boards serve an important purpose in preserving your artwork.
They provide a necessary buffer from the glass. This helps prevent:
- acrylics, watercolors, pastels, charcoal, etc smearing on the glass
- photographs sticking to the glass
- water damage, mildew, mold
- and other damages that may permanently disfigure the piece
For artwork you'd like to last, consider matting and mounting.
Types of Mat Boards We Offer
Economy + Crescent mats
- acid-free, buffered to neutral pH to fight against mat burn
- beautiful white core that has been treated to fight against mat burn
- comes in a large variety of colors
Because they come in many colors, Crescent branded mat boards and our branded mat boards are perfect for decorative framing and craft projects. They are acid-free, white core mat boards which means it'll be years or even decades (depending on how it is stored) before mat burn even sets in.
For true conservation framing which will protect your artwork for generations without any mat burn, please look at our conservation mat boards.
For conservation mats, we supply Peterboro conservation mat boards.
- made of over 90% alpha cellulose (above industry specifications of 84%)
- exceeds PPFA and Fine Art Trade Guild standards for chemical composition of conservation mats
- Exceeds the fade and bleed test requirements outlined by the Fine Art Trade Guild and PPFA standards
- completely lignin-free and acid-free, complete protection from UV rays makes these mats perfect for archival purposes
- beautiful white core that is also lignin and acid-free